- Divine Child is the symbol of innocence of faith.
- This classically designed statue of the Divino Nino (Divine Child) includes opulent hand-painted colors or gold, red and green. The fine detailing is visible in every aspect from the halo, to the texture of the garments and the styling of the base.
- Use this beautiful and petite Divine Child of Jesus statue to remind us of our devotion to the Infant Jesus. He is a source of love and wisdom and our salvation.
- At the base of the statue the words Yo reinaré means I Will Reign
- Measures 5" tall; made of resin
In 1914, Rizzo and his Salesian priestly companions were building a new church in Barranquilla, Colombia. With limited financial resources, Rizzo is believed to have had a mystical vision of the Child Jesus in a standing posture while beckoning out his arms. The boy in the vision spoke "Take me with you, I want to accompany you.
In 1942, after years of finishing church construction, Rizzo discovered a child Jesus statue in a nearby shop called El Vaticano. In the shop was the statue by an anonymous Italian sculptor who fashioned a likeness of the child Jesus with a cross in the back, as in Rizzo's vision. Rizzo ordered the cross to be removed from his back and that the owner inscribe the words Yo reinaré (English: I will reign) at the base of the statue, which he brought to his new parish, where he began to preach about the favors the Christ Child does for those who have faith and who help the poor.