Our Lady lived her life in perfect obedience to God’s plan of salvation, even when she endured moments of sorrow and anxiety during her life on earth. Because she steadfastly remained at the foot of the Cross with her Son, she experienced a share in the suffering which he encountered in the Passion. She is the perfect image of faithfulness and devotion to Jesus, and she gives us a perfect example of how to suffer faithfully and well. We can be sure that she also accompanies us whenever we endure painful trials and tribulations.
- Imported from Italy
- The length is 25 inches
- Pendant dimension 3cm x 2.5cm
- Pendant and Centerpiece Material: oxidized metal
- Crystal beads are used for this rosary.
- The bead size is 4mm
The Church honors Mary under the title of Our Lady of Sorrows on her feast day, September 15. We remember not only her sufferings at the Passion and death of Our Lord, but also the seven dolors, or sorrows, she experienced throughout her life that were foretold by Simeon at the Presentation. What are these Seven Sorrows of Mary? They are events from the life of the Blessed Virgin in which she suffered alongside her Son Jesus and participated in his redemptive mission.
They are as follows:
- The Prophecy of Simeon (Luke 2:34-35)
- The Flight into Egypt (Matthew 2:13-21)
- The Loss of Jesus for Three Days (Luke 2:41-50)
- The Carrying of the Cross (John 19:17)
- The Crucifixion of Jesus (John 19:18-30)
- Jesus Taken Down from the Cross (John 19:39-40)
- Jesus Laid in the Tomb (John 19:39-42