Publisher : Darton,Longman & Todd Ltd.; Study Edition (March 1, 1994)
Language : English
Paperback : 2128 pages
Item Weight : 1 kg
Dimensions : 5.39 x 1.93 x 7.8 inches
The New Jerusalem Bible is recognized as one of today's most accurate, clear and modern translations, the fruit of long collaboration between leading biblical scholars.
The New Jerusalem Bible Study Edition is designed for students, clergy, and readers who seek additional guidance in their reading and study of the scriptures.
This Study Edition is the ideal combined Bible-and-handbook. It presents the complete Bible text in a single-column format for ease of reading, and includes the Comprehensive Footnotes of the acclaimed Standard Edition plus several excellent additional features:
- Extensive Introductions to all the groupings of books in the Bible
- A Study Guide covering the major theologiccal terms and themes
- An Index of Persons containing mini-biographies of the main biblical characters
- An extended Chronological Table setting biblical events against contemporary events, rulers and dynasties
- Full-colour Maps of the Bible Lands